Sunday, September 16, 2012

Night of Champions Predictions


Pre-Show Battle Royal with winner facing Antonio Cesaro for the United States Championship
 
This match is a tough one to predict. First, you need to figure out who is going to win the battle royal. I have narrowed down my ideas to a few superstars. First of all Santino Marella has been feuding with Cesaro for a while now, since he lost the title to him. I feel that Marella is a safe choice to choose who the winner is. Brodus Clay, Ryback, and Zack Ryder are all valid choices, too. I am going to say that Ryback will not be in the battle royal. They will not want to hand him his first loss and I think that it is too early to give him a belt. He needs some more character development first. Brodus Clay could get a huge jump up the ranks if he could participate in his first title match, but I do not think that will happen. Lastly, Zack Ryder has been winning matches and looks like he could be next in line for a title shot. I am going to take the safe route and say that Santino Marella wins the battle royal. 

So, now it is Santino Marella vs. Antonio Cesaro for the United States Championship. They have been feuding lately and this could be the match that finally puts the feud to an end. I think it would be foolish to take the belt off of Cesaro so early, if they want him to be a competitor for years to come. Santino is over, whether he is the champion or not. I think that Antonio Cesaro will retain his title. 

Layla vs. Kaitlyn for the Diva's Championship
This may be the easiest match to predict on the card. The rumor is that Kaitlyn was not even suppose to win the battle royal for this spot in the match. I do not know if that is true or not. No one from WWE has admitted the botch. I think that Kaitlyn is not the answer the WWE needs for a dieing Diva's division. They need a new top star, and Kaitlyn is not it. So my vote for this match is going to go to Layla.

R-Truth and Kofi Kingston vs. Kane and Daniel Bryan for the WWE Tag Team Championships
  
I'm glad the WWE finally listened to its fans and made Kane and Daniel Bryan a tag team. The question is, "Will Kane and Daniel Bryan be able to succumb to their anger and work as a cohesive unit?" I do not think that they would have taken the Prime Time Players out of the match if Kane and Daniel Bryan were not going to win. In my opinion it looks like the WWE creative team realized how much the fans love the two after their anger management skits. I am going to say that Kane and Daniel Bryan win that titles at Night of Champions.

Randy Orton vs. Dolph Ziggler
This is an important rubber band match. Orton has won a match and so has Ziggler. The important part here to make sure that Ziggler stays looking strong before he cashes in his Money in the Bank briefcase. I think with that reasoning the only logical explanation would be to have Dolph Ziggler win the match.

The Miz vs. Sin Cara vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Rey Mysterio for the Intercontinental Championship
Fatal four ways are always hard to predict. There are so many different routes the creative team can take. They could have the champion retain. They could have the champion get pinned. They could even have the champion lose the title without getting pinned. The great thing about this match is that all the competitors could legitimately win the title on Sunday. The person that I think has the least chance of winning is Sin Cara. He is not getting the backing of the fans that the WWE has been hoping for. Of course, injuries have not helped him any. I also think we are past the time of Rey Mysterio holding very many singles championships. Especially with all of these younger stars on the verge of breaking out. Cody Rhodes did so much for the Intercontinental title last year and early this year, but I do not think that it is his time to win it for a third time. So, I predict The Miz will retain his championship. 

Alberto Del Rio vs. Sheamus for the World Heavyweight Championship
I am not a fan of Alberto Del Rio and I hope that he gets out of the title contention soon. I do not think that Alberto has much of a chance of winning this match. Especially now that Sheamus has a new submission maneuver, the cloverleaf. I think that Alberto will lose to Sheamus by submitting to his new finishing move.

John Cena vs. CM Punk for the WWE Championship
This is one of the hardest matches to predict on the card. I can see WWE going both directions here. In order to understand where I think they will be headed, we need to look forward to the Royal Rumble. At the Royal Rumble, the winner of this match, could theoretically be facing The Rock. Now, we have already seen Rock vs. Cena and the rumor is that their rematch is going to be at Wrestlemania 29. If Cena wins here then he would most likely have to drop the title before the Royal Rumble. I think that having The Rock vs. CM Punk would be something new and refreshing for the fans. I would also be ecstatic if CM Punk can manage to hold onto the title for over a year. We haven't had a year long reign since Cena held the title in 2006-2007. I am going to say that CM Punk retains his championship. 

     
   

No comments:

Post a Comment